Wednesday, October 3, 2012

The CraftStar Update

Hmmm ... where to begin?

Following the unsuccessful launch of Phase 2 of The CraftStar, we made a very difficult decision and hired a new team of developers.

This crew is working as fast as they can to fix the myriad of issues we are faced with.  Whenever a new team takes over a code written by someone else, time is a key factor.  Trying to figure out the hows, what's and where's of the site, in order to make the fixes.

They have made some great strides already, some which are noticeable as a user, and lots of behind the scenes fixes which are the building blocks to creating the website we have envisioned all along.

This has been an extremely frustrating and heartbreaking time for us.  And please believe me when I say I understand your frustration too.

We have a long list of issues that need attention, and priority at the moment is PayPal and Shipping.

To get to the site I have in my head and heart is a matter of weeks, which is what is keeping me going!  There IS a light at the end of the tunnel and we're not going to give up.

Thank you for your patience and support.  We've had many amazing messages, emails, phone calls, etc encouraging us to keep going.  This is so appreciated because as you can imagine, there have been many times I've thrown up my hands and asked myself WHY????  The answer always comes back to YOU:  Why?  Because we need a great site for a great crafting community.  There isn't one out there, and The CraftStar WILL be it.

We'll keep you posted as to how it's going.  We have discovered one major trick ... feed the techs cupcakes, and things move faster!  :)

Bethan

2 comments: