Monday, May 27, 2013

Featured Artists: Annes Knits


Hi Anne! Thanks for joining us today. Tell us about yourself!
My name is Anne Sherwood and I am the owner of Annes Knits. I live in Tucson, AZ with my husband Terry, daughter Nicola, and our 5 week old grandson Max. We have 2 cats and a dog.



How did you get started in your handmade business?
I began knitting when I was 9 years old in Scotland and have had the needles working ever since. When I moved to Arizona in 1999 I had people tell me I should sell what I make and so I began to knit and sell items at local craft fairs.

What are your hopes and aspirations for your store and where do you see yourself going from here?
I work full time as Pre-K teacher but I would love to eventually do that part time and devote more time to my knitting. I hope to create more things to sell on The CraftStar in the meantime. 



Have you experienced any major accomplishments or recognition?
No, I have not experienced any major accomplishments yet, but have had many compliments about my knitting from people who have purchased items from me.

What are three tools in your work space that you could not live without?
I could not live without my bamboo knitting needles, measuring tape, and needle to sew my work together.



Have you ever experienced a craft disaster? What happened?
I once began a sweater and thought I was doing really well until I discovered I had the pattern showing on the wrong side of the work. I had to rip it out and start again!

How much do you social network? Can you link us to your personal social media pages so we can follow you? 
I use Facebook and Pinterest. I can be found at: https://www.facebook.com/Annesknits and           http://pinterest.com/Annesknits/boards/


How important is marketing for your small business and what has been most effective for you?
Marketing is important and I also have had many sales through word of mouth. The Craftstar is a great place to sell items.

What item in your shop is your top seller or is your favorite design?
My shawls sold well last year for the winter.



What are your 2 favorite items from other shops on The CraftStar, with links? What do you like about them?
My favorite items on The Craftstar are from Paint it Pretty and and Artangels Shineys:




Thanks for taking the time to join us today Anne. We appreciate you taking time out of our busy schedule so that we could interview you. Happy sales! 



No comments: