Monday, June 24, 2013

Featured Artist: Charmed Design

Hi Lori! Thanks for joining us this week! Tell us about yourself. 
Thanks Kim! My name is Lori Cohn and I currently own and operate Charmed Design. I am located in Atlanta, Georgia.



How did you get started in your handmade business?
Charmed Design was born while I was recovering from a life threatening illness. Feeling 'charmed' to have survived, I made it my mission to inspire and empower other women through my jewelry designs. I design mostly wrap bracelets using hand painted silk ribbon, Japanese kimono cord, and a variety of other materials. My line uses powerful symbols and gemstones to create pieces with meaning. 

What are your hopes and aspirations for your store and where do you see yourself going from here?
My dream is to continue to grow my business. From my start on Etsy, to my own website, and now my shop on TheCraftStar, I hope to continue to expand my customer base. In the future, I would like to expand my wholesale accounts so that Charmed Design is sold all over the world.



Have you ever experienced any major accomplishments or recognition? 
I've been fortunate enough to have had some great press. I was recently featured on dailycandy.com, have been on local TV, and have appeared in many magazines.

What are three tools in your work space that you could not live without?
Of course, my set of pliers, my work board, and my inspirational posters to help guide me through my day.



Have you ever experienced a craft disaster? What happened? 
Luckily, I have not experienced a craft disaster yet, let's hope that never happens!

How much do you social network? Can you link us to your personal social media pages so we can follow you?

I spend a lot of time on twitter and Facebook. I also use Pinterest. Here are my links:

How important is marketing for your small business and what has been the most effective for you?
I think marketing is vital for mine and any small business. Social media is the best way to connect with customers and open a real dialog and conversation. I think Twitter has been most effective for me. Not particularly in sales, but in making connections that have helped my business. Just today I spoke with someone I met on Twitter who is now going to feature my jewelry on her blog and introduce me to some potential wholesale clients.

What item in your shop is your favorite item or your top seller?
I don't have a top seller (yet)! My favorite design right now is: https://www.thecraftstar.com/product_details/74343/om-tree-of-life-silk-wrap-bracelet-with-abalone/


What are your 2 favorite items from other shops on The CraftStar, with links?
I really love all the fused glass from D.L.C. Glass Studio. I am a big fan of fused glass and think all of these pieces are wonderful.



Thanks for taking the time to join us today Lori. We appreciate you taking time out of our busy schedule so that we could interview you. Happy sales! 




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the amazing feature!

Anonymous said...

Lori ,your bracelets are STUNNING! I love how the colors are soft , yet bold all at once! Wishing you continued success !
Rhonda from SB