Friday, January 30, 2015

TCS Artist Feature - Carol Smith from Happy Everything Else

I may not wear a lot of jewelry, but I feel positively naked without some earrings.  How about you?
If you love, and need earrings, have I got a shop for you....


Strawberry Earrings

What is the story behind your shop name?
Several years ago, my daughter saw this serving platter. The picture on the platter were little people dressed up to show all the different holidays, i.e. Valentine’s Day, St. Patrick’s Day, Easter, etc. The words on the platter read “Happy Everything”!
Since I initially started out making just holiday earrings for all the holidays, she thought “Happy Everything” would be a great name for my shop.

Where, when, how did you learn your craft?
 I have been making jewelry for 30 years! I made necklaces, bracelets and earrings for myself and family and friends got jewelry as gifts. Just something I learned by reading books and magazines and playing around with beads.


Cowgirl Scrabble Tile Earrings


Tell us a little about your family life.
I am happily married to my best friend and understanding husband, Gary. We live on 30 acres outside of a little town in northeast Oklahoma, Bartlesville. You might have heard of it, home of Frank Phillips, the founder of Phillips 66. We have three quarter horses, Buck, Bo and Bud and two labs, Jake and Buddy. We have 4 children between us, Erik, Brigitte, Gavin and Zachary; 6 grandchildren, Ethan, Benjamin, Max, Birdie, Oliver and Harper.

Share a fun memory from your childhood.
I remember when I was a little girl, my sister (who is 2 years older than me) and I were serving “tea” to my father and uncle one evening when my uncle came over to visit.  Little did they realize, we were to small to reach the sink, so we just got our “tea” from the toilet!

Red Polka Dot Earrings


Tell us something about you that no-one else might know
I am madly  in love with another man, Keith Urban!

Where else can we find you on-line?
I have a Google+ account but I just don’t do anything with it. I don’t do a lot with social media, just never got the hang of it nor do I have the time.

Pink Lucite Flower Earrings






What is your favorite item from your shop?
So bright and colorful, they seriously represent “Spring” to me!

I can see why...I love the birds charms. Very pretty.

The Queens Lair Necklace






Pick a favorite item from another shop, and why is it your favorite
I picked this necklace from the shop Metal Fuze because it is Such a wonderful display of beauty and talent!
 

Now it's your turn, click on a link and visit this fun filled shop.
And don't forget to share. :0)

See ya later alligater,
Debbi

No comments: