CraftStar Kim spent last weekend attending a very informational webinar on how to maximize Pinterest for your business, and wanted to share a few of the things she learned!
First, did you know Pinterest is now the 4th largest traffic driver?
1. Pins receive 36% more likes when a price tag is shown.
2. Add keywords to your Pin descriptions to help get found in search.
3. Add your shop link to the Pin descriptions too!
4. The best time to Pin new items is on Saturday mornings (who knew?)
5. Just like Facebook and Twitter, Pinterest has peak times when users are researched to be more active. Pinterest users are generally more active during the “coffee hours” between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m., the lunch hour between noon and 1 p.m. and the hours before and during dinner, between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.
Remember, do NOT:
- Use low quality images
- Forget to utilize keywords
- Use indirect links
- Pin items that only relate to your business
- Forget to encourage comments
Finally, YES you can have a personal Pinterest account AND a business one. To open your business account, go to [business.pinterest.com]