Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Featured Artist: KK Marie's

Hi Karen! Thanks for joining us today. Tell us a little bit about yourself! My name is Karen Praul and I am the owner of KK Marie's. My husband Steven and I live in South Carolina with our 2 year old Chihuahua named Jasper Lee. I am originally from Bucks County PA but moved here in 2010.

How did you get started in your handmade business?  When I moved here to SC I needed something to occupy my time.  Personally, I went through a serious medical issue that included major surgery.  It was then that I turned to crafting.  It kept me sane while I recovered!

What are your hopes and aspirations for your store and where do you see yourself going from here? One day I would love to have a store front that stocks my wares and also handmade items from those I admire and met through TheCraftStar.  Handmade items from around the country all in one space.  What do you think it should be called?

Have you experienced any major accomplishments or recognition? In about the 3rd grade I won first prize in a fire prevention poster contest.  Does that count?  It was a drawing of a young girl in her basement playing with matches.  The caption was “Don’t play with matches.  If you do, learn to stop!”  My parents actually hung my plaque in the living room for years until the house caught fire and it was lost.  Seriously!  That really happened!

Do you have a day job on top of your business? How do you juggle both? Yes, I have a day job that takes most of my time.  Unfortunately, real life interferes with crafting at this point in time.  I have lots of supplies with plans for my ideas to come to fruition but that is as far as I have been able to take it.

Have you ever experienced a craft disaster? What happened? What 
happened? The worst that happens to me at this point is when I get bubbles in my resin. I just toss it and move on.

What item in your shop is your top seller or is your favorite design? My favorite design is my new line of bracelets.  They look so cool and are so soft on the wrist!

What is your favorite item on The CraftStar, with a link? What do you like about it? Noveenna and DLC Glass Studio. Noveenna’s beadwork is just fantastic.  Anne must have the patience of a saint!  I admire that and her color choices are so pretty.  I have always wanted to work with glass and Denise from DLC Glass Studio does exactly what I wish I could do!  She makes such beautiful pieces of art and it amazes me

4fe8a91a08190

76084-product_name1370894532

All holiday orders come in the cute felt stockings shown above. Even better, holiday shoppers can use code:  BLOG15 for 15% off their purchases!

Thanks for taking the time to join us today Karen. We appreciate you taking time out of our busy schedule so that we could interview you. Happy sales!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great shop. +KKMarie's you do fantastic work. Keep it up.