Monday, February 3, 2014

The CraftStar Featured Artist: Djenna’s Jewels



http://djennasjewels.thecraftstar.com



My name is Lilian.  I live in The Netherlands with my partner Rene.  I have a daughter, Shanna, and a grand-daughter, Djenna, after which my shop is named.



I also have two dogs ... Misha, my white Stafford, and Tiesto, my black Stafford.


Making jewelry was my hobby, finding my beads and findings cheap was a challenge, and from there the step to my own shop was a small one to take, to let others have the opportunity to get their supply’s for a bargain price too. 



For some time it is getting hard for me to make jewelry myself due to Rheumatic problems with mostly my right hand so the shop is great to have instead.


(The Polaris Beads are already well known in Europe and have a prominent place in jewelry made by our European Designers. These beads are made of Polyester with Resin and are of a matte colour when you buy them, but whilst wearing them on your skin they will eventually start to shine like Pearls, due to the contact with your sebum, making them sparkly & looking quit luxurious. If used with Bead weaving or Bead Embroidery, just rub the beads in your hand before attaching them to your project to get the shiny effect they are so popular for. One other positive thing about these beads is their weight, since they are Polyester they weigh virtually nothing, and are therefore perfect for those among us who can’t wear heavy jewelry.)


my creations for sale


My hope for The Craftstar shop is to introduce the Polaris Beads to the American, Canadian and other non-European designers and bead lovers as they are so beautiful to work with. They are well known throughout Europe and are used in many designs. 


The small 4mm round beads (which I’m waiting to arrive in all 35 colours, to add to the shop) are great to use in Bead Embroidery, which is already been done by Annette,  from Jiriki Designs, who also has a shop with The Craftstar. 


https://www.thecraftstar.com/product_details/139045/bead-embroidered-earrings-purple/


As for where I see myself going from here?  I’ll let my customers help me decide that with me!

my work space

Have you experienced any major accomplishments or  recognition?

No, not yet, but there is still time, haha!

What are three tools in your work space that you could not live without?

Crimp bead tool, Flat nose tool, round nose tool.



Have you ever experienced a craft disaster? What happened?

No fortunately not yet, let’s keep it that way.


How important is marketing for your small business and what has been most effective for you?

Marketing is important, so far Google has been the best way for me, I’m not that good with computers and all that needs to be done so for the moment that’s it.



What item in your shop is your top seller or is your favorite design?

The Polaris Rainbow Necklace is my favourite as well as the bestselling product in my shop in Holland.




What are your 2 favorite items from other shops on The CraftStar? 

These earrings include my Polaris round beads, and I love the colours.




A gorgeous necklace with a variety of techniques. I love things like this.





http://djennasjewels.thecraftstar.com

No comments: