Wednesday, January 21, 2015

TCS Artist Feature - Cheryl Frazee

Our featured artist today has 2 shops on The CraftStar.


What is the story behind your shop?
Island Girl Expressions: I took my first Caribbean cruise in 1994 and absolutely fell in love with the island.  After that, we frequented many of the islands and during that time, I decided I wanted to be an "Island Girl" when I grew up.  I draw so much inspiration from Mother Nature and I absolutely love the tropical flora, the white sand beaches and the soothing ocean.  All designs are original by me and every piece is completely handmade and one of a kind. 


A Timeless Impression:  This shop specializes in jewelry using your fingerprints, handwriting, footprints, etc....these are impressions made by you and are timeless keepsakes.  My orders are celebrations and memorials, happy and sad, but always touching. 

Red Tulips Necklace


Where, when, how did you learn your craft? 

 I've always been a crafty person...I was scrapbooking when I was in high school, long before it became the hobby it is today.  A friend introduced me to beading and I enjoyed it so much, I had to start selling it to support my habit.  In 2008 I was introduced to metal clay and was completely hooked from that moment on.  I am self taught - trial and error, books books and more books, online classes and tutorials, more trial and error.  


Tell us a little about your family life...married, kids, pets, etc. 

 I have been happily married for 21 years to my amazing husband Jim.  We have 2 daughters and 4 grandchildren.  We also have one spoiled rotten Wilbur the Pug and a 15 year old Ashley the Brat Cat.  

Tell us a little bit about where you live....city, farm, suburb

I live in a small suburb about 20 miles northeast of Denver.  I love Colorado!


copper dragonfly


Share a story / memory of your childhood.

  My Dad was an avid outdoors man, so growing up in Colorado, we spent a lot of time hiking, camping, fishing.  I'm quite the girly-girl, but I loved the outdoors and I loved the time I had sitting by the lakes/rivers fishing beside my Dad.  My sister was a tom-boy and way too busy to sit still, but I was always there patiently waiting to catch the biggest fish of the day.  I truly cherish those memories!



fingerprint charm





Tell us something about you that no-one else might know 

 I wanted to be a concert pianist.  I studied piano for 11 years...I was good, but not concert pianist good.  Oh well, I love what I do now!!!




pick a favorite item from your shop, and why is it your favorite.

handwriting silver bracelet
From A Timeless Impression:  This is my husband's handwriting

sunset on the beach

From Island Girl Expressions:It says "Island Girl"

pick a favorite item from another shop, and why is it your 
favorite.

knit patchwork afghan
I also love to knit, although I have nowhere near the talent Eva has.  She does beautiful work and I know how much time goes into every one of her pieces.

You can find Cheryl at the following hot spots...

Be sure to click on a link and take a gander at all of the great items Cheryl has to offer.
And be sure to tell her we sent you. :0)

See ya on the flip side,
Debbi

No comments: